Day 71: Finally, a rest

Well, happily enough, this is the first Monday since April 18th that I haven't had to take Little B to chemotherapy. It was a nice bit of a break. We have another week off, but in its place a MRI. The MRI will let us know if the chemo is working and an update on the status of the tumor. I almost feel as though the tumor is a third party... somewhat like a wedding crasher, if you will. Oh well, I digress.

Little B is doing remarkably well, though. He is doing pretty well on his feedings, and at least *appears* to be gaining weight. He is happy and has taken to telling us how he is feeling. Lately, he is running about, singing, "Happy day! Happy day! Happy day!" It's wonderful!  I'm also dealing with a ton of two-year old attitude. We are having fun with counting, but Little B adamantly denies the existence of the numbers three and four. To count to five, Little B will shout, "One, Twooooo, FIVE!!!" He is such a stinker. Takes after his Mimi, I think!

Well, Big A finished up preschool for the year. It has been a joy to have him home more. Last week Big A had a soccer camp. It was a pretty huge challenge for him, and yet he still gave it his best. He was one of the youngest kids (the camp was for kids from 5 to 11, but I thought they would be divided a bit more by age), but still played hard. He got sidetracked when he couldn't find his ball (in a camp of 70 kids, the kids all got identical balls... really?!?!). So. Annoying. In any case, he got through it. Little B and I went with Big A most all the week, and we got through it. This week, Big A has tennis camp. He's doing really well in tennis. I hope he keeps it up.
..
I have been feeling a bit adrift as a newly minted stay at home parent. The house seems to be running better, the boys are happier, and we've got Little B's medical stuff more firmly in hand. All are very good things. I'm just not sure what to do with myself...the closets are pretty clean at this point. I guess I should probably start working on just keeping the house cleaner, but we don't want to get all crazy-like. In any case, surely it will all work itself out. In any case, Big A is working on his math and reading, so that keeps me a little distracted. And Little B still denies the very existence of the numbers three and four. Yes, there is still work to be done!

Comments

Popular Posts