Chocolate Zucchini and Applesauce Brownies

These delicious brownies have a lot going for them. While they are delicious, they also help me to use up the ridiculous abundance of zucchini and applesauce that has invaded my house. So, enjoy!

Note: This recipe is based on this recipe from Sparkpeople.

1 cup applesauce
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate pieces


½ cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups finely shredded zucchini


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first six ingredients in a large bowl. Sift cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Oil a 13x9 glass pan. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate pieces on top. Bake for 25 minutes. 

Note: I didn't finely shred the zucchini the first time I made these. I'm nervously awaiting Big A's judgment on whether there is anything "suspicious" in them... sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts