A quick catch-up

Today was wacky. We're getting snow right now, in the Pacific Northwest. It's March 21, people. My family in the Midwest has had 80 degree weather this last week. Hmmm.... to me, I'm going with global warming making things pretty spectacularly wacky.

Dinner was fun tonight, as well. I pulled out all of our "Asian-inspired" favorites. Thai tea, Japanese miso soup, edamame,  Korean "ribz", and Chinese buns for dessert. And it was a huge hit for the kids. We have been working really hard lately on Big A's food aversion issues, and he is doing really, really well. I've made up a 12-week "food chaining" plan, which starts with foods Big A enjoys, and slowly moves him into more challenging foods that have great variety associated with them. This is week three of the project, and he is already really getting into it. Mimi made homemade chicken nuggets that he LOVED, even though he was originally reluctant to try them. Tonight he LOVED the Korean ribz, as well. It is really satisfying to see him eating new things. That being said, this new plan is wretched for my diet aspirations, but oh well. Get Big A on a better path, and then I'll fly my Eat to Live freak flag again.

The martial arts thing is going well. Both Big A and I are now orange belts (be amazed... or not!). For me, it's amazing how much stronger and more fit I have become in just four months. For Big A, well... who knows with that kid. But he says he wants to be in it until he's a black belt, so we'll see. I started in martial arts because I was tired of sitting on the bench while he was in class -- if I could get three workouts in a week while I would otherwise just be sitting there, why not? That being said, I'm personally really enjoying it.

Little B is doing ok. He's really going through a bit of an obnoxious phase, which I think is due to teething, growing, and a series of colds. That being said, I still adore snuggling that kid. We are on week one of a two-week break from chemo. He is not obsessing so much about getting his port accessed, which is good. We need to figure out something to reduce his anxiety, but hopefully that will come. The next big thing is to get him potty trained. I need to just get really strict with him about it. That's me, strict, strict mommy...

G is doing well, as well. He started a new position with his employer, and that is going well. His band is meeting at our house on Thursdays to practice, which I think is good for him.

Comments

Popular Posts