April 12: Symphony! ... and Mommy's a Girl! Wha?

G and I had a date on the 12th! We went to dinner and then the symphony. It has literally been *years* since we went to the symphony. However, we had such a great time that we are planning on doing it again next month. But would I post such a lame story without something about the boys?

So I hadn't had an opportunity to shower on Monday morning, so I figured that I would jump in the shower while A was taking his rest and B was napping in the afternoon. Ha! Neither decided to humor me. Oh well. I went ahead and let A jump on our bed and B got to empty one of the bathroom drawers of stuff. Well, I got undressed and dashed from the closet into the shower.

A shouts, "MOM! Stop! Where's your penis?"

Huh? I grab a robe, because this just might take a while.

I respond, "What?"

A, annoyed, "Where's your penis at?"

I respond, "Uh, honey. Mommy doesn't have a penis."

A responds, "Did you lose it?"

I respond, "No, honey."

Without missing a beat, A continues, "Did you hurt it?"

Getting a little annoyed, I replied, "No honey, Mommy is a girl, and girls don't have penises."

A is SHOCKED. "Mommy, you're a GIRL, Really? Are you sure???"

I'm a little miffed at this point. "Yes, honey, I really am a girl."

A is thinking hard at this point -- "Well, Mommy, I have a penis... and Dad has a penis... and Ben has a penis."

Trying to get this to resolution, I try again with the, "Well, Mommy is a girl, and girls do not have penises."

A pats my hand, "Well, if you're sure you are a girl, then I guess you shouldn't have a penis. Are you ever going to take that shower? Because PEE-UUU, you STINK!!!"

Oh, ok. Maybe wine for dinner.

Comments

  1. This is totally awesome. I wonder what he thinks about me, or Mikey, would be totally interesting to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing... we need a boy soon. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome story!! So much different than growing up in the Boge household. Now you know how Dad felt...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts