So when we started homeschooling, I had all of these grandiose dreams of discussing classics, doing insightful maths, and "creating" thinkers. Well, it has been almost six months of homeschooling and today I taught my seven year old while using a voice from a Veggie Tales movie and pretending that a one-inch dinosaur puppet (controlled by a clothespin) was doing the teaching. My son named the dinosaur "Dino-Mike" and made him a bed from a coffee filter. In good news, we did get through math, history and writing without tears (his or mine), so I'm thinking that Dino-Mike will be making periodic appearances in our lessons. Sadly, I think Big A had a better conversation about history with a paper dinosaur puppet than he has with me. Happily, we're almost done with this year. 

Comments

Popular Posts