The things those boys say...


The boys have been just hilarious today. Namely: 
  • “I am going to share my new bank with you, so that way you can share your money with me!” B, with his new bank, to his dad
  •  “I’m digesting quickly today.” A, after whining he was hungry 20 minutes after eating a cheeseburger as his third “snack” of the afternoon, and 45 minutes before dinner.
  •  “I am an adult!” cried B, brandishing a highlighter. “I am an adult; I have a permanent marker!” (He then proceeded to tell everyone in the store that fact).
  • We were exiting off Highway 26, and there were a number of birds on the side of the road.

B started yelling, “Chicken wings, Mom! Look, Chicken wings! Chicken wings!”
Me: “What are you talking about?” (Hoping there was nothing dead on the side of the road.)
B: “Chicken wings! Chicken wings!”
Me: “Do you mean chickadees? Those could maybe be chickadees?”
B: “No, mom” “I said chicken – wings. –WINNNGGGS. Not chickens.”
Me: “I said chickadees, bud. D-D-D. Chickadees. Those birds could be chickadees.”
B: “No, mom, not chickens. I said chicken-wings. Get it straight.”
Me: “Oh, look, traffic is moving.”

Comments

Popular Posts