July 3: Independence

I thought, if you don't mind, I'd muse for a moment:

* Prior to this I had never been hysterical in my life. I have been hysterical twice this week. I don't enjoy the experience.

* I never wanted to go to the "go to" doctor for anything. I don't care for doctors in general, as they generally mean one is unwell (it is nothing personal, it is more a dread for the profession, not unlike the response many have to attorneys, I would assume). Well, I find myself in the situation where my kid requires a "go to" doctor. I find myself praying that this doctor can figure out our little mystery man.

Today was a blessed relief from the stress. We had a lovely barbecue with about 25 people, and for once there were many kids of both A's and Little B's ages. Actually, it should be interesting if this group of friends develops more, as Little B will have three little girls to play with, who all have birthdays within about a month of one another.

G did some awesome grilling -- burgers, dogs, brats, gardenburgers. I made toppings for things -- roasted poblanos, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and whatnot. For dessert, I made ice cream pie. Everyone brought sides -- what a great way to do a barbecue.

Also, we got a screaming deal on furnishings for our lanai last night -- it is sooo much more comfortable. It is more like a living room and dining room now, as opposed to just a porch. LOVE IT! The fact that most of the stuff was on a screaming clearance makes me love it even more!

Tomorrow, we are having a friend over for brunch, and then going to a fiesta! It should be another lovely day, I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts