July 5: Holy crap, that kid can move!

So A nearly caused G and I to have heart failure today. Seriously. We were walking home from our nightly walk to the park. G and I were chatting away, pushing Little B in the stroller. A was on his Lightening McQueen bike and for some reason decided to get ahead of us. Usually, we don't have this sort of issue, as it is mostly up-hill. Well, he got so far ahead, we got confused and thought that another little guy, about A's size, was him. We thought he was at the bench where he normally runs out of steam (and we have to start pushing him). He was not. G started running and bellowing in one direction with Little B. I started running toward the road, bellowing (and, truth be told, cursing under my breath). A was up at the road. He heard me bellowing and came running toward me. "Mom!", he says. "Did you lose daddy and Little B???" At that point, I wasn't sure whether to shake the stuffin' out of him or kiss him. I said "A! You can't go that far ahead. Daddy and I thought you were lost!" To which A responds: "But Mom, I know where I am, I can't be lost!!!" Ugh. 15 minutes later, A still couldn't understand how he could be lost to Mommy and Daddy if he still could find himself. It was a bit mind-bending to attempt to understand. However, we have a very clear understanding of where he will be stopping to check in with us. And if he does not stop, I'm afraid Lightening McQueen will be benched for at least a week!

In Little B news, Little B likes his mashed potatoes and gravy. He's a little ambivalent on the chicken. But G liked my pan-cooked chicken. So I call it close enough.

In G and I news, we snuck out for lunch today while Hea watched the boys. Then, we went down to City Liquidators and got a decent table for my office as well as some stained glass I'm going to use as wall art. It was some nice quality time for G and me.

Comments

Popular Posts