Cigaretting?

Big A, to me, on our way to martial arts: "Mom, that guy is cigaretting! That's so gross! Why does he do that?"
Me: "Cigaretting? What do you mean?" (made up words are very, very common at our house)
Big A: "You know, with the cigarette in his mouth."
Me: "Oh, you mean smoking."
Big A: "Smoking, then."
(pause)
Big A: "Is that smoke that comes out of the cigarette when it is in their mouth? Real smoke, like with fire?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! The cigarette is on FIRE!??? Seriously?"
Me: "Yes, buddy. They light it on fire and then put it in their mouth. But it is only on fire at the end that is not in their mouth."
Big A: "That is the craziest thing I have ever heard! Are you kidding me!?!? Because that can not be safe. I mean, we need to tell someone. Cigaretting, I mean smoking, that cannot be safe!"
Well, the kid makes a point.

Comments

Popular Posts