September 8: Soo tired

It hit me a few days ago: I am almost 40. Holy crap! I remember giving my dad a hard time when he turned *30*. This is not pretty. Add to my mini-obsession about age the fact that I am just exhausted, and you get a pretty ridiculous woman. The exhaustion thing is just a function of teething toddler, trying to get work done before Mimi and Hea leave for vacation, and generally cloudy, overcast weather (perfect for sleeping!). I'm going to get Little B's feeding started in 10 short minutes, and then I'm heading for bed.

So G and I painted our kitchen/family room and the powder room on Monday. It looks pretty good, but will look even better when we get the new art work and whatnot up. The kitchen/family room is tan, and makes the space sooo much brighter than the plum/wine color we had it. The powder room is a very light celery green. We were hoping to brighten everything up before the rain came... and we finished just in time. It has been raining for the past two days sporadically.

G and I were chatting while painting and it seems like painting is somewhat cathartic for us -- we're hoping that the new look gives us a new perspective, a new start, and a new spring in our steps. That's pinning a ton of hopes on a few gallons of Valspar paint, but here's to hoping. We're also trying to get a lot of the little picky things done that we haven't focused on -- getting the roof cleaned, getting a few of the windows re-sealed, those sort of things.

Little B is doing well and seems to be growing, both in height and in weight. We are still dealing with random vomiting, but he's doing so much better than he was even a week ago. He's so cute, though. He is learning his animal sounds/names now. He loves dogs and cats. He also knows that sheep say "BAAAA", cats say "Meow", etc. Adorable.

A started school on Tuesday. He seems happy-ish to be back, but he really misses his friends from last year who have now gone on to different schools. He is the second oldest kid at his preschool, which seems a little tough for him. He's also a little annoyed with G and I in general. I'm not sure what is going on, but I figure it is time for an evolution in our parenting techniques. Usually, when he's grumpy with us, it means that we're not treating him as a "grown up" as he believes he is. Now... to figure out what we need to do to parent him now!

OK, I'm off to bed!

Comments

Popular Posts