Catching Up

My sister Carrie and her two girls are here for a visit! There is so much energy being expended at our house, it is almost painful. Carrie's girls are 6 and 4, and they play with Big A and Little B marvelously. The weather in Portland has been perfect, so we roll out of bed in the morning, get dressed and eat, and then start playing outside. We eat lunch outside and play some more. Some of the kids nap, and those who don't nap take rests. Then play outside more. It is a brutal life.

Yesterday we went to Silver Falls State Park, which was gorgeous as usual. We didn't hike very far, but the kids climbed into every hide-y hole, every tree branch, and every bit of standing water that they could find. It was impressive. It never ceases to amaze me how much joy can come from a downed tree, a stick and words that rhyme with "log". In any case, the kids were *exhausted* on the way home. Little B looked at me, grabbed my face, and said, "Why won't you let me nap?!? I am going to take a nap in my seat (on the way home). If you wake me up, I'm going to give you a BIG time out." We decided that there was no way the kids would survive (seriously!) waiting for me to cook dinner, so we introduced Carrie and the girls to Mio Sushi. Yumm-o! It was a big hit for everyone (kids' bento for everyone!). Interestingly, they all got the same thing, but each one liked something different best (are you surprised?) -- Big A liked the chicken best, Rosi liked the tempura, and Mari liked the rice. In any case, a good day.

In any case, tomorrow should be more living in the back yard, which is excellent. Next week the three oldest kids are going to be at a day camp, which should be fun for them. I hope. It is going to be just a ton of driving for Carrie and I, so fingers crossed on a good bit of fun for the kids.

Comments

Popular Posts