August 15: Fun times for A!

Today A did a little pre-school preschool homework... he took "Flat A"-- a paper doll that looks like him -- on an adventure with G. For their adventure, they went and rode the tram from the Portland waterfront up to OHSU (the local medical school; Doernbechers is located on the OHSU campus). A and G seemed to enjoy the adventure (which also included a lunch at KFC and an enormous cookie). Little B and I stayed home -- there's no way in God's good earth you would get me in a tram!

Little B pitched up a fit last night and stayed awake from 11 pm to 4 am... Holy freaking cow! Miserable. I'm not sure what the deal was, but G got him to eat at about 3:45, and he fell asleep after that. I don't think he was tired the entire time, but I could be wrong.

After A and G returned from their tram adventure, A watched a movie, G dozed a bit, and Little B puttered around the house, babbling of keys, shoes, cheese and balloons (all new words for the week -- he's doing an amazing job on the new words!). I vaccumed and mopped the floor, which shouldn't have taken most of the afternoon, but it did. The boys then went to play in the fountain (it is still hatefully hot here), and I went grocery shopping. Nice multi-tasking! In any case, we had takeout Thai food for dinner, which was an excellent alternative to cooking.

I was going to make a whole bunch of dinners for the freezer this weekend, but it was so hot that those plans were scrapped. I hate to admit it, but I'm really ready for fall... just give me a string of 50 degree days so that I can do some cooking/baking, and all will be well with the world.

Comments

Popular Posts