August 31: So long, see ya...

So apparently August has been a long month (note my last posting, in which I decided it was April for some unknown reason!). I'm ready for it to go and come back only when it has learned to behave itself. Some friends mentioned an Oktoberfest party to celebrate the turn of the season (or at least the end of August), and I'm oddly excited to set about planning it!

So at last count (and with considerable risk to my finger), Little B had four teeth break through last week. One side has just a huge amount of bumps, so it might be another tooth? Time will tell. His cold still continues, but seems, maybe to be improving. We started him on some new medicine today, and he seems to be feeling better. Time will tell, though.

A is doing great in swimming, and his class on Thursday is his last for the term. I think next term he is going to take tennis, soccer and swimming. I'm not sure if it will all work out, but that is what he says he's interested in, so we'll try it. It always amazes me how many classes and options kids have. Back in the olden days when I was a kid (or at least in rural Michigan), those options really didn't seem available, so I love to be able to do it for A and Little B. Speaking of Little B, I think we're doing a messy art class, a fun movement class, and potentially a swimming class with him. The swimming class will depend largely on whether we can make sure the pool is warm enough for the little squirt.

Last night I lit candles throughout the house, aired it out, and cleaned it rather thoroughly. It is amazing how much better it feels. I'm not sure if it is actually cleaner and better, or just my attitude. Regardless, I'm running with it. Well, I have some nephews who are going to be showing up soon, so I've got some sewing to do.

And I really am relieved that August is pretty much over. Seriously. I do have to get A's school shopping done. I seem to remember a debacle last year with me, the boys, and school shopping, so I think this year I'm going to ask Mimi and Hea to pitch in, and maybe do some online shopping. Could I [gasp] be learning some life lessons here???

Comments

Popular Posts