November 7: Cold, Rainy... Perfect Day for Gardening!

Things I said today:

  • "A, stop poking the dog with your trident. Seriously."
  • "A, I mean it. You can not jump off the steps with a sword in your mouth."
  • "A, take your helmet off for lunch."

When did I become the parent of a LARPer? Good lord.

So today G and I planted three apple trees on our hill. Good lord, what a production. The hill is pure clay, so poor G had to dig out huge holes. Then we had gravel and soil delivered. Way too much of both, of course. After two hours of good, solid work, the skies opened up and dumped a good 1.5 inches on us. Great. Freaking soil in the street, torrential downpour. Oh well. In the house we run.

I made mac and cheese and egg salad sandwiches for lunch. It's G and I's favorite "Saturday working lunch" -- something we started back when we lived in NoPo and were battling the lilac forest. A actually ate both the mac and cheese and a half an egg salad sandwich without too much griping. I was S-H-O-C-K-E-D. I mean, this is the kid who has puked multiple times when trying pasta in the past. The credit goes to G, who had A just dip the pasta in ketchup. Mmmmm?

In any case, G toddled upstairs for a nap, and A, B and I hung out and played, mostly sword fighting. I'm wondering if I should take fencing lessons? When G woke up, I went out and worked on the trees. All three are at least minimally planted. We'll have to finish them up tomorrow.

Leftover homemade pizza for dinner, a bath for both boys, and some Madagascar before bed. It was raining too hard for a walk, unfortunately. I'm going to go and get some groceries. And yes, we really are this lame.

Photo is from our trip to the pumpkin patch, right before A's birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts