December 14: HAPPY BIRTHDAY G!

G's 3_th birthday is today! Happy birthday, honey. I'm sorry you had to go to the DMV for your birthday...

So it has been a while since I posted -- apologies. But, wow! We had a great Thanksgiving. It was honestly the most fun I've had in a long time. It was so wonderful to see all my sisters together, as well as our kids. What a wonderful treat for all of us.

But then again, when you get five kids together (after making three of them ride in planes to get there), you know the germs are coming out kicking. And kick they did.

A has been sick since Thanksgiving. We went to the doctor's again today and they confirmed he has an ear infection ("the worst she's seen" -- the doctor said). So he's on a second round of antibiotics.
  • Baby B is on cold #2 since Thanksgiving. He's not quite as bad as A, but still a little squawker.
  • I am on a round of antibiotics for an acute ear infection (both ears). Miserable! I'm not hearing much of anything and find the phone a challenge due to the hearing limitations.
  • Poor G has to put up with all of us and is now coming down with a cold as well.
So a house full of sick people is not generally that fun or funny. However, we've all had our little moments of silliness. Like when G asks A and I a question. I respond, "I couldn't hear you honey, I wasn't looking at you." Then A chimes in, "Say it again. Talk louder." Then G says it again, and we get all confused on a word or two, and chaos ensues.

B has become quite the little man lately. He's a maven in the walker, and has taken to chasing after Cayenne and trying to pet her. It is a bit of a karmic retribution for Cayenne, as she's forever trying to get the bits of food he drops on the floor (or off his highchair). He's also doing his best to put everything in his mouth... so cute, and yet so unlike his older brother! B is also starting to hold his arms up to be picked up and also to wave. So. Stinking. Cute.

Comments

Popular Posts