December 17: The Hour of B's Discontent

So I have a confession to make: B is a craptastic sleeper. It all started out OK, but lately he's up every hour to 45 minutes. We're dying here. So last night we started letting him cry it out after he woke up every *20* minutes for a little over three hours. Oh. My. God. This kid is persistent. I feel horrible, guilty and mean, but after three cry-it-out sessions, he slept from 3:30 am to 8 am. Amazing.

Tonight we started the cry-it-out routine after he woke up the first time, which was at 8:15 pm. It's now 9:30 pm, and we're still having the shrieking. And let me just say, we've got the laundry going, the fans going, the heaters going. I only wish my ears were more plugged. What a persistent little guy! I only hope this works. I only hope this works. Soon.

In other news, A seems to be doing well on his medicine, but it still taking naps in the afternoon. The naps make me think he's still got some mending to do.

B is still digging the homemade stew and applesauce. I'm trying to think of other things that would work well being smooshed up with the stick blender. We figure that B currently has a larger eating repertoire than A. That's a little sad for us!

Tomorrow I need to do some holiday shopping. I haven't started yet for G and the boys. Talk about insanity.

Comments

Popular Posts