February 5: Fun night!

We had our friends Jeff and Susan and their kids over last night. F, their son, and A made everyone pizza! They did a great job putting the sauce and toppings on the pizza dough. Unfortunately, we had a little calamity -- poor F fell off the guest room bed and got a pretty good bonk on his nose. He seemed to feel better, though, after ice cream. Then again, I feel considerably better after ice cream! :-)

A is shocking me pretty consistently lately. Last night, without me even prompting him, he tried both pepperoni and ham circles (pizza toppings). He said they were both *delicious* and even put them on his pizza! WOW! Also, Mimi and Hea said that if he put a little cheese on his pizza that he could have a surprise. Well, guess what? He ate the cheese with no issue! Usually, we'd expect a significant melt down, but nope. Hopefully, Mimi and Hea will make good with an exciting surprise!

Unfortunately, these pleasant surprises are coming at a cost: A always expects *ME* to "take a little taste" before he does, I think to make sure that I don't make a bad face. Well, this results in me having to eat ham, pepperoni, fish stick and whatnot. I'm all about supporting A, but I really don't like meat and find it rather disgusting. I'm not sure that I even want to introduce him to the concept of vegetarianism until we get his eating nailed down a little more. Oh well. Munching a little processed meat product, is, I guess, a small price to have him start eating better.

Baby B has found two new loves: yogurt and bananas. B has had bananas in the past, but now he's able to mush the banana pieces around and get them into his mouth... SO MAGICAL!!! :-) And yogurt is *delicious* to him. It's so cute. We're doing the full-fat stuff, which I have to admit is pretty freaking amazing tasting.

Today (the 6th), G and I are going to work on our orchard for the first time in a long while. G is going to add pavers and I'm going to work on planing a few blueberry bushes! :-) We love blueberries. A is off for an over-night with Mimi and Hea. B is taking what is turning into a big nap right now -- well, he was up from 5:30 to about 7 am, then took a little 15 minute kitty-cat nap, so he should be tired!

Comments

Popular Posts