June 12: Ball of fire in the sky... where have you been???

So the Pacific Northwest has just had a crazy, wet, cold spring. We are shattering all sorts of poor weather records. According to one local news station, we had more rain in the first four days of June than we get in a normal year. We are already at the second wettest June ever recorded for Portland, and we have had the wettest May/June combined ever recorded. So long story short, it's sunny and mid-70s right now. We are in a *frenzy* of yard work, cleaning, and frolicking that's pretty ridiculous (except for Little B, who is taking a nap). It is nice to not be stuck inside, though.

I realized that my gardens are pretty much going to be a bust this year, so I'm adding soil to all four garden beds and am going to plant flowers. I like flowers! I've planted lettuce a half-dozen times this year and haven't had anything get bigger than an inch... it has been that rainy.

So I was "reading" a book to A a few minutes ago and thought I'd test him to see how his reading is coming along. I'd say the wrong word, and then ask him to help me spell it out. After about 30 pages, he turned to me and said, "Mom, you're really not a very good reader. You should practice a bit more." And then he read to me for a while to show me how it was done. I guess I was a little more convincing than I thought with my acting like I can't read big words! :)

Comments

Popular Posts