June 4-7: Heard around the house

How things change: after 4.5 years of waking me at the butt-crack of dawn, A slept in on Saturday. I checked on him, just to make sure he was OK, and he wails: "Mom, I'm *tired*. I work hard. I need more sleep, so leave. me. alone."

We didn't get the boys out of their PJs on Saturday until after 10 am. After cleaning up from breakfast, I went in the playroom and found A had colored all over the table (he's never done that before). I went in to get the camera to memorialize the event (and it was a pretty good drawing). When I left, B was playing quietly about 10 feet from the table. The camera was in the next room. I came back in the playroom and B was *standing* on the table.

We were having afternoon snack and I was dealing with B. A puts his hands on either side of my face, squishing it between his hands, and says: "Focus. Mom. Focccuuussss. Soy milk. I need it."

Little B has been giving us fits lately -- just fussy. A little feverish. Throwing up in the morning if he ate too soon. Losing a little weight again. What is going on with this kid??? Well, he's popped out two teeth, one on Sunday, and one a week or so ago. Combined with a little cold, well, and you see where our problems lie. Still, it's very frustrating (for all concerned!).

Comments

Popular Posts