June 28: Throwing in the towel

I know this is a blog, but I'm soliciting advice. I have finally figured out that I need to cook more for the boys and less for G and I's palates. But I am at a loss -- other than hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, fries, noodles and sauce, mac and cheese (for B), and chicken nuggets, what do kids eat? Help, I'm drowning here! Please post a comment and let me know or go ahead and drop me an email. Looking for ideas here...

Otherwise, we had a nice enough day. B is getting so very good at communicating with me. He took a huge nap this morning, but will still acting a little tired this afternoon. I'm trying to keep him at one nap a day, but he was a little persistent. Apparently, he was pretty tired, as when we went upstairs to play, he crawled into his room, pointed at his bed, pointed to himself, pointed back to the bed, and then grabbed his little blankie out of his bed, and then grunted loudly, pointing to his bed, blankie in hand. Message received, Little B got his second nap. However, he went to bed at 7:30 pm without even fussing.

A has embraced music a bit more -- he walked around the house "tuning" musical instruments using G's electronic tuner (which was off the entire time). He concluded that all the instruments (including the tub piano and recorder) were all reasonably well tuned. ;)

Comments

  1. Okay, I'm trying to think of things I liked to eat as a child, other than what was listed. My issues were (are) food textures mostly, not tastes. I loved stuffed green peppers, though now I like to mix in stuffing red, orange and yellow peppers too. I also liked chicken pot pies (mine were not homemade), casseroles (tuna, chicken, oriental - essentially chicken casserole with those crunchy noodles on top), enchiladas (beef, chicken, cheese with mild peppers). We also ate soup rather consistently throughout the year: tomato (with grilled cheese, of course, vegetable with either chicken or beef, chili.

    I was never a very picky eater, but my mom's rule was always that I had to eat at least two bites of everything. I never had to finish anything, but I had to try. As I got older, I think it went up to 3 or 4 bites, maximum.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts