Making a Wish

So today reality bit me in the butt. Little B was nominated for a wish with the Make-a-Wish Foundation a few weeks back. Today we found out that he will be receiving a "wish". This is really a lovely thought and a lovely thing. I'm going to say something a little self-involved, though. My wish is that he didn't qualify for a wish. I wish my kid didn't have "life-threatening medical condition." I know Lottle B's wish process going to be a lovely, life-affirming experience, but I really, quite desperately wish I didn't have to go through this, for my own sake. And I should be frank, I know that this wish doesn't really change anything. Little B is just as he was yesterday.  He is an active, silly boy. And I know that he has a brain tumor and whatnot. It just gives me pause when someone else recognizes that the situation isn't good. Well, hell. 

In any case, Little B is *obsessed* with the African Savannah right now. He also wants an elephant for the backyard. Any guesses as to how this story will play out???

Comments

Popular Posts