Restaurant Review: Mio Sushi

We are frequent flyers at Mio Sushi, which should be a surprise to just about anyone reading this blog. But honestly, Mio is where we go to be a "normal" family. G and I started going there when Big A was just a little guy (maybe two?). The servers all know us, and know us well. But here's the funny/crazy thing: to them, we're a normal restaurant-eating family.

For some reason, both of my kids will devour, and I do mean devour, certain Japanese foods (and to a lesser extent, Asian cuisines in general). Big A will take apart a bento box of teriyaki chicken and rice with tempura dipping sauce. Let's just say that he won't touch rice at home with a 10-foot pole. He'll try edamame and tempura without flinching and throwing a fit. Little B, on the other hand, will eat miso soup with "little tofu" and rice like a mad man. I mean, it is amazing.

I don't know why, exactly, sushi works for us. I'm a vegetarian, so I get something with tofu. G is not much of a fish fan, so he tends to get bento. But that being said, it works. I think that it is so outside our usual, with the kids' chopsticks, and interesting plates, and fun-colored bento boxes that it just works. The boys love dipping things, and Japanese cuisine has great sauces.

In any case, Mio Sushi gets a unanimous, unequivocal four stars from all four reviewers. The only thing that could be improved, per Big A is that it would be nice if they had an ice cream machine like the buffet. But a kid needs a dream.

Comments

Popular Posts