January 23: Funk Funk ... Fun?

This has been one wild ride of a week. For some reason, it just lasted forever. And ever.

In good news, after fearing that Cayenne had bone cancer due to a bum leg and a scary trip to the vet, we learned that she *does not* have bone cancer! Just a funky fat deposit cutting off some blood flow, which sounds bad, but we have her on a "special all-meat diet" (which to Cayenne is the best news ever!) and some meds that will hopefully help her out. What a crazy drama.

Baby B is still a little cranky over the whole teeth thing, and maybe the header. At least, I'm still a little guilty feeling over that, so I'm letting him get away with more!?!

Today was nice, but we're still feeling so shocked over Cayenne, that we've all been a little off. This morning I made pancakes on our new electric griddle!!! It was awesome. The griddle doesn't have sides, so it's so easy to make six pancakes at a time... what a time saver!

After breakfast, G and A went outside to play, then A and I planted early red leaf lettuce, spinach and mesclun. A and I then painted "cave paintings" for A's room... well, A painted, and I got the supplies out. We call it t-e-a-m-w-o-r-k!

We had some leftovers for lunch, and then I banished G to the garage to work on his woodworking projects -- specifically, to get the dining room table back on track. The boys and I went downstairs to Coco's house so that I could get my hair down by the outstanding Nicola.

After getting the new do, A meeting a new buddy (Tyson), and a ton of fun all around, we went BOWLING with Mikey and Carrie! We hadn't gone since last summer when we were in Appleton. A had a *great* time and we found a fabulous new place to spend rainy weekends. And wow, I have room for improvement! G, Mikey and Carrie had a good competition going, though. Baby B was an excellent cheerleader. After bowling to our hearts' content, we went to Red Robin for dinner. So fun for everyone. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts