January 26: Today didn't stink

And that's saying something! It has been a rough sort of week.

In any case, Baby B slept for six whole hours. So amazing what uninterrupted sleep will do for one's perspective. And a shower! Bliss. When I went to wake up A, I said, "Time to get up, buddy." A responded, "What is today?" I said, "It's Tuesday." A rolls over and heaves the covers over his head, responding, "Ugh, I could really use a Friday." The exchange was funny, and yet a little sad. I can't believe that a four-year old would already be "working for the weekend." Perhaps we'll need a fun day soon.

After school, we had a playdate with Red, a boy from A's class. We had a great time, and Red lives only a few houses away from us. Red has a little sister who is Baby B's age, so hopefully there will be a good opportunity for us to become friends.

A and I made some delicious quesadillas for dinner. I LOVE our new griddle. Love it!

Comments

Popular Posts