March 13: Fun Saturday Frolicking

Today was a great sort of day. We got up, got around, and had some fun today. I realized that I hadn't purchased a new bathing suit for a little over seven years (maybe more?), so ran out with A to buy one.

A and I worked on our little "orchard" and planted a yellow transparent apple and a few blackberry bushes. I think we are pretty much done with planting the trees and roses. The only things left to plant, really, are the brambles (less the two blackberries we planted today). I think, though, that we're going to have to have some bark dust delivered soon. We've got some pretty ugly clay piles all over the place that need a little hiding.

After all that, I tried to convince B to take a nap, which he wasn't really keen to do. However, after some serious rocking, he decided that a nap would be OK. All too short of a time later, we got ready to go swimming with friends. I think we woke B up a little early, but he wasn't the grumpy monkey I was dreading.

A and B did *great* swimming. They had a ball! A swam with a tube most of the time (and was very offended if G or I tried to help him). B started kicking and splashing his hands today -- pretty much adorable. Our friends' little boy also did great swimming today. This was his second time at the pool and he had so much fun!

We were all a little tired when we left, but decided to swing by IKEA for a bookshelf for the new play room. We're so excited to get it put together tomorrow! That being said, tomorrow promises to be a busy day, so I'm going to bed. G is out at a show that a friend is playing in, so I'm getting the boys in the morning. Add to that "springing" ahead, and I'll admit I'm looking forward to getting some sleep!

Comments

Popular Posts