March 6: Whew!

Well, today was busy, but I'm not sure how much closer we are to being done. G and I were a super-hero team today. While we didn't save the universe (to A's dismay), we did do a lot of things.

B woke up at 4, and I was up with him until about 6. G let me sleep in a bit, which was wonderful. B and I ate breakfast (hot cereal and yogurt), then I went outside and planted two more apple trees.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in the past, but G and I are putting in a little urban orchard in our far back yard. So far, we have six rosa rugosas, five apple trees, two cherry trees, two plum trees, and two filbert/hazelnut trees. We're going to add one more apple, and then brambles -- blackberries, raspberries, and maybe grapes. We're also going to add rhubarb. In our side yard, we have a half-dozen blueberry plants. We're really looking forward to having the fruit. Unfortunately, our soil is primarily clay, so whether or not anything grows remains to be seen.

After I planted the trees, G took A to Great Clips and got their hair cut. They both look very dapper. I watched the boys while G mowed the lawn -- it was sunny and mid-60s today! Then I made black bean and white cheddar quesadillas for lunch -- yummy.

After lunch, I got my hair done and then ran down to my office when the furniture arrived. I LOVE being 2 minutes (literally!) from my office. So convenient. After the delivery guys left, I came home and put B down for a nap. A was already sleeping. He seems to be feeling worse today, poor kid.

After the boys woke up, we went to my office to put the furniture together. A was a super-big helper carrying stuff in from the van. I once again proved my ineptness with anything spatial and put some mouldings on backwards. In my defense, I was also trying to keep A from melting down that B had "stolen" his foam and was eating it. When I had finished wresting the foam away from B, he promptly turned to the bag of hardware for the bookshelf I was trying to put together and attempted to eat screws. That kid is going to be the death of me.

We gave up putting furniture together relatively quickly after my moudling mistake was discovered (additional tools will be needed to undo said mistake). We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant near where the office is. Let's just say that the boys let loose. Good lord. B was shrieking the entire time. A didn't want to eat. B was flinging food... Yeah. As I was taking A to the bathroom for the third time, another woman was taking her daughter to the bathroom as well. She looked at me grimly and said, "I figure when she's about 10 I will get to eat a warm meal. Wish me luck!" I think she's got it about right. ;-)

In any case, we came home and had baths and played a bit. Both boys are blessedly in bed now. G is going back to my office to put furniture together. I am going to start moving furniture around. We're putting all the kid crap into my old office and turning it into a play-and-craft room. Maybe the rest of the house will stay a bit more neat? Do I dare to dream?

Comments

Popular Posts