March 26: A little dazed...

This week was a bit of a whirlwind. A was on spring break, so we were pretty busy keeping everyone on an even keel.

On Monday we went to the zoo with one of A's friends from preschool. On Tuesday and Thursday, the boys had a ball with Mimi. On Wednesday we stayed home and relaxed a bit, and in the afternoon had a play date with Red and his sister. On Friday, G came home early and then we went on a walk with Red and his family to the local library to see A's paper mache penguin. A's preschool made paper mache penguins (there are 17species of penguins, and 17 kids at his preschool... how fortuitous) and they are on display for a few weeks. In any case, we had a great time. When we got home, we had pizza for dinner. Delish!

Today was productive. I sanded down A's dresser (we had a little too much help, resulting in a sticky dresser) to reduce stickiness. Then, I stained a coffee table for my office. It started out way too red, but after a few additional coats of stain, I got the tone evened out. A painted a few pictures for our walls -- I need to get those things hung up! I really, really dislike hanging stuff on the walls. Oh well, I'll get it done tomorrow. G went to Home Depot and Harbor Freight to get materials for a compost bin, and I put Baby B down for a nap. When B woke up, we went back outside and G made the rolling compost bin. I put another few coats of stain on the coffee table. Then, I mowed the lawn. A rode his bike and B hung out in his stroller. G got stuck picking up the garage. We went out to dinner with Mike and Carrie, Jeff and Susan and Pete and Allison. There were five kids there -- we had a lot of fun guessing what it would be like when all of the kids were older, talking and walking (three of the kids were under 11 months old).

So A hasn't been tremendously funny lately I'm afraid. He has been frequently rescuing animals of all kinds, his dad, and of course Baby B and I. He's also been watching School House Rock very frequently. He now sings "Interjections! Show excitement...or emotions and generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point..." So funny.

Oh, and this one: Hea took A and B to a pizza place with bouncy toys (it's called Out of this World). A looked at the server (who Hea said was all of 15) and said, "WOW, you are a LOT younger than my Mom!" Which makes me think that I might now have a bit of insight into what my dad was thinking when I told him, on his 30th birthday, "Wow, you *are* older than dirt!"

Comments

Popular Posts