March 20: We could have gotten more done...

Today was a little disappointing. We didn't get a lot done, but it was pleasant enough.

This morning we frittered around while B took his morning nap. G and A negotiated a "reasonable" allowance. Six cents plus as many piles of Tupperware as A could make out of our admittedly disasterous Tupperware drawer. Everyone wins! And by the way, A got a grand total of $0.24. And I added a quarter to A's therapy jar, just to cover our bases. ;-)

Then, as a fun event, we went bowling with Susan, Jeff, F and S. In all honesty, I'm a really crrappy bowler (despite *three* terms of bowling class in college), and it's something I've historically done once every decade or so. However, since our vacation in Wisconsin last summer, it is something we've done three or four times. While a modest accomplishment, today I bowled a 101! Now, to keep this in perspective, A (who admittedly bowls with bumpers) usually beats me. Today, though, A was a little off his game. He was rather focused on obtaining a slushy. F did a great job for his first time bowling! I think Baby B and little S were hoping to be able to bowl, but we think walking is a required prerequisite!

We cut bowling a little short due to some hungry babies. Once our hungry baby was fed (and put down for a nap), G also crashed for a little snooze. A watched RESCUE HEROES. I worked on a grocery list. When Baby B woke up, he, A and I went outside. I had grand delusions of painting a dresser for A. Well, I started priming it and got a whole lotta assistance from A -- and the dresser I'm afraid will not let any of us forget that folly. Oh well, hopefully I can hide a lot of the sins with a couple of generous coats of paint (and maybe some sanding). If not, well, Rere bought the dresser at Goodwill in 1999. I think we, and she, got her $10 out of it.

After the dresser debacle, I planted two remaining blueberry bushes in the "Blueberry Grove" -- I'm making names up, here. G futzed around with the sprinklers so hopefully we won't have dead blueberry bushes again this year. Last year I planted two bushes right before we left for vacation (and Portland had a week or so of 100+ degree days). This year, hopefully the bushes will have a fighting chance.

We had pizza for dinner, and then we hung up some artwork/photos. As Mimi said, "It seems like grown ups live here with the kids now." Well, she's an honest one, that girl.

Hopefully, tomorrow is a bit more productive. Unfortunately, that means we have to work harder. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts