March 5: Hello, Friday. I love you.

Today was a bit of a relief. This week has been a bit brutal.

I signed the office lease for my today, and the furniture should be arriving tomorrow. It will be nice to have the office set up!

A happily trotted off to school today. His rash is greatly diminished, and he seems to be feeling pretty well. When I picked him up this afternoon, he was pretty worn out. As we were driving home, he said, "OK, Mom. I am going to take a little nap today. Not every day. But today I am going to take a nap." Who am I to refuse this adorable kid? And when we got home, he had some juice, watched 10 minutes of Bob the Builder and then said, "OK, I'm taking a nap. I'll see you later." Off he went. When I checked on him ten minutes later, he was snoring happily.

Baby B, on the other hand, has been a handful. I think tooth #7 is finally going to come in. He only slept for about 90 minutes total today, where he usually sleeps around three hours. Also, he's been shoving everything in his mouth. I sometimes wonder if, instead of a baby book, I should just keep a log of everything I fish out of his mouth. It would be disgusting, but illustrative of how he spends his days. And I didn't think I was nearly so bad of a housekeeper until I had B hoovering everything I've missed (into his mouth)!

G came home at around 4:30 pm, and A wanted to go outside. G took both kids outside so that they could run around and that I could make dinner without too many helpers.

So A has been a little obsessed about scuba divers lately -- they are in Finding Nemo, and in his picture encyclopedia, and today they were in a special movie they watched at preschool, the Rescue Heroes. As they were going, A said to G, "Dad, I need a tube [his word for snorkel] and goggles so that I can be a diver." G says OK and gets a snorkel from our gear box. He also gets a pair of safety goggles out of the work bench (think high school chemistry class), and puts them both on A. A looks up to me and says with all the sincerity in his four-year old body. "Good. Now I can be a diver and save the universe." My heart melted just a little. Then he turned to G and said, "Dad, I'm going to need a pneumatic drill to go with this. That will help!"

Just where does he come up with this stuff?

Comments

Popular Posts