March 14 and 15: Whirlwind!

So yesterday was too stinking productive. Today G and I are both all sore from our endeavors! We got up early (notice a theme in our days? hint: they all start early!), and went out to breakfast. I made an inadvertent discovery -- our breakfast place makes four-egg omelettes--holy cholesterol! No wonder I'm always too full after eating half of an omelet. However, they were really accommodating and made a two-egg omelet for me, which I think was better tasting even.

In any case, we got home and G put together the bookcase (read: kids' toy room) and the foyer table (read: a book case on its side) while I put B down for a nap. While I was upstairs, G accidentally bonked A on the nose (while putting the bookshelf together). I came down stairs and A was just *sobbing*. I don't think he was actually hurt that much, just more shocked. Well, I took him in for a little PBS Kids, and instead we turned on Nature (PBS). Ught-oh. Reproduction of nearly extinct animals. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A wants to watch the turtles. Geez -- I'm going to hell for all the lies I told him about what they were doing with that sea turtle...

Happily, everything went together quickly once G had less ... help. After that, we put together the entryway (which looks much better). I started sorting stuff for inclusion into the play room. And let me tell you, there's A TON of stuff going into that play room.

Despite our best efforts, we ran out of time and the play room did not get finished. However, the house as a whole looks much better. B and G had an excellent adventure looking for a new mop and an edger, while A took a tremendous (and much needed) nap.

Happily enough, our friends M and C came over for Sunday dinner -- I made a rather yummy spinach, onion and parmesean tart, mixed green salad with lemon-chive viniagrette, and strawberry shortcake.

As G was putting A to bed, they were reading "A Little Sister for Francis", in the book Francis was chatting with her dad about her allowance. She received $0.06 per week, as she was a big sister (before she was a big sister, she received $0.05 per week). A asked if he could have an allowance now that he is a big brother. G said that he'd talk to me, and asked if $0.06 per week would be a good allowance. A immediately responded, "I think I should get a dollar next week, OK?" Ahh, that's mommy's little negotiator.

Today was just another crazy Monday. Work was unexpectedly busy, but Mimi (thankfully) was able to come over and help out. B was quite cheerful and chirpy. He also has perfected his skills in stair climbing. Ye gads.

When I picked up A from school today, I took him to my office to try to get a bit of paperwork wrapped up. A was very impressed with my desk and demanded to be able to sit in it while he did a few preschool pages. He also *really* wanted to wear my glasses so that he could "see things." Oh, that boy.

Tonight for dinner, we had Chinese noodles. B *loved* them -- slurping noodles, tofu pieces, and edamame. De-licious. A even got into the mood by eating tofu pieces with two "special" sauces -- sweet and sour sauce and tempura dipping sauce.

We went for a nice walk after dinner and then the stinky Weebert boys both took big baths.

Comments

Popular Posts