March 2: Where the heck is Candid Camera???

Today was like trying to run in molasses. All day. And I'm not a runner. Mimi and Hea came over to watch Baby B, who was in a great, although sleepy mood. I took A to his gymnastics lesson, which was immensely fun (for both of us, really). He's doing great walking backwards on the balance beam. The kid really has so much more physical grace and abilities than I ever have.

Then I dropped A back and school and ran about trying to get errands done. Goodness. Have you ever had a moment when you thought, "Surely the world has gone mad and I'm the only one that has not been impacted." I had one of those moments today. I ran to the dry cleaners and dropped off a few pairs of pants to be altered. Then I ran to Subway for a sandwich for lunch. As I ordered a 6-inch veggies on wheat sandwich, the sandwich maker bellows (and she is a very short Asian woman), "Why everyone buy wheat today? You not get wheat!" So I ask if they are out of wheat, and she says no, but everyone else is getting it today. So I ask if I can have wheat even though everyone else is having it. She says no, as everyone else is having wheat. Deep breath. Ok, I'll have something else. "No, no" she says, "you can have wheat. You want it toasted?" To which I say "No thanks, just regular." To which she responds, "Oh, you want the white, then?" O.M.G. Ok, so we finally confirm that I want wheat bread. Not toasted. OK, well, I get out of there, with my wheat sandwich, at a bit of a trot.

As I'm trotting out, there's a very big woman wearing a blue coat and red hat and mittens, followed by a very little man getting ready to cross the street. While in the middle of the road, the woman grabs the little man's windbreaker off him, ties the arms of the windbreaker around the man's torso and shrieks (while sort of manically cackling), "There, now you won't get away from me!!!" As she finishes cackling, she falls in front of me. I help her up, but she's more concerned that the man (with the windbreaker tied around him) is going to get away. Well, the guys just standing there, staring off into space. In the middle of the road. OK. Seriously, I'm looking for a camera crew to jump out and say, "Surprise!" But no.

As I get across the road and onto the sidewalk, a very elderly man walks in front of me, pushing an empty stroller, singing at the top of his lungs, a lullaby. To the baby. That's not in the stroller. Well, at this point, I decided that instead of eating in the van and doing other errands, that I would just go ahead and go home, see Baby B, and make sure Mimi and Hea hadn't been affected by whatever was freaking out the rest of greater Bethany. Apparently, it was a highly localize freak out, as Mimi and Hea seemed fine.

After wolfing down my hard-earned lunch, I went over to FedEx Kinkos to get new business cards. Dear lord, those people stink! I wanted an actual person to help me, as I've tried to design cards on their online website, but my logo comes in all funky. Well, I went in today, and they just plopped me down in front of a terminal, and told me to go at it. Well, the terminal was just a desktop with a craptacular Internet connection to the same website I was trying to use before. So frustrating. In any case, I ordered new cards, mostly because I had already wasted about three hours trying to navigate their website already. I have no idea why I didn't go somewhere else, except that I didn't want to have to go through entering all my information. Again. Sorry. Needed to vent.

We made breakfast for dinner. I made the most incredible biscuits -- they only had 2 tablespoons of fat -- one of vegetable oil and one of margarine. What a revelation. Poor G has seen the future, and it is filled with biscuits! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts