September 14: Sleep, baby, sleep!

Poor B, he's really not sleeping well. I thought that for sure his sleep would improve with the weather cooling down, but no dice. Poor little man!

It was a rather pleasant day, in all honesty. I worked steadily to get my office organized. Did a conference call, which likewise was pleasant. Got the mail, which didn't have too bad of news in it. B didn't sleep well, but that's been said before. He really seems to be focusing a lot for a baby -- that sounds a little odd, but today he was sitting in his walker (which doesn't really walk), and he started grunting. Well, the little stinker then proceeds to pick up a rattle, which was on his walker, transfer to his other hand, and then very deliberately move his hand over and drop the rattle on the floor. All of the time, grunting away (as if it were his way of really, really concentrating). I thought it was pretty odd, so I picked up the rattle, put it back to where it was before he moved it to see what, if anything, he would do. He did the same thing, all over again: picked it up with one hand, transferred it to the other and then dropped it on the floor. I was impressed. It seemed rather deliberate for someone so young. I don't know. I'm a little tired, so I get impressed rather easily lately.

A seemed to have a good day at preschool. He tried veggie chow mien for lunch today (preschool provided lunch)! Awesome job, kiddo! The teachers said he nearly hurled on the broccoli, but at least he gave it a try. The teachers were pretty clear that the service that provides lunches to the school would not be bringing veggie chow mien back... and I think that's probably OK. The service included a lot of really crazy things like sprouts, broccoli, celery and pea pods... for preschoolers. I don't even like bean sprouts that much, and I've been a vegetarian for 18 years! I would have thought that they might ease into new foods, but I'm simple.

For dinner, we had an egg bake (with hashbrowns, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, basil and mozzarella... delish!). A has a chicken patty, pumpkin muffin (it's protein, fiber, and vitamin enriched... and has mini chocolate chips, to boot!), and bananas with peanut butter on top. He was pretty hungry after the rather unique lunch! We took a nice walk to the duck pond, and then put the kids down for bed. A has a cough and a runny nose. It doesn't seem to bother him during the day, but at night he's pretty hacky.

Comments

Popular Posts