September 1&2: Glory Days for A

So A has had an awesome couple of days. Yesterday morning, A, B and I walked to Walgreens to pick up photos for A's preschool project. A played me a bit, and ended up begging a stroller ride. I put B in the Bjorn, and was able to accommodate. It was a great ab workout! Then, to make A's happiness complete, Hea picked A up at about noon so that they could have an end-of-summer sleepover. A *loves* sleeping over with the aunties -- generally it is rather difficult to convince him to come home!

With A off adventuring with Mimi and Hea, B and I got some work done -- actually, I got the work done and B bounced in his chair. G and I went out to dinner and decided that we were a little uncomfortable in the house when it was so quiet. How is it that we view B, a four-month old as restful and quiet? Hmmm.

Today, B and I ran errands this morning. We went to the post office, bought a spool of thread (to finish up a very, very late wedding present for Mimi and Hea), did some banking and got a printer cartridge for the MFD in my office. Let's just say that it wasn't that exciting, but it was great to get it all done. We came home and put a very tired B down for a nap. I worked on the quilt binding, but wouldn't you know it, I broke a needle with about four inches of binding left to sew! Unfortunately, I didn't have any more needles, so I'll have to finish the quilt tomorrow (it's a year-and-a-half late already, another day isn't going to kill anyone!).

A came home, and we played with Hea for a bit. Then we got the boys dressed and headed out to the preschool open house. A had a *super* time. I'm so excited for him to get started this year! He really seems ready and engaged with learning, as well as the social aspect of preschool. He really enjoyed seeing all of his little preschool gang, and G and I also enjoyed seeing the other parents.

One thing we are struggling with is how to educate A and B. That is, public school, private school, and to a lesser extent, home school are all options. What is best for the boys? What is best for all of us? Do private schools produce more engaged learners? Or home school? I'm a product of public school, and I thought my schooling was acceptable, but maybe not optimal. Like I said, driving us mad!

Tomorrow we need to get some clothes for A, as well as a haircut. B still really doesn't have hair, so he's safe from the ladies at Great Clips! :-)

Comments

  1. It sure sounds like a great life for two very special boys. I love hearing of your days, How you glow as a Mother,Misi. You are one in a million. You have two very very special little guys. Love to you all mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts