September 7: Domestic Bliss, Part 1

Today was rather lovely. G got up at the ungodly hour of 5:00 am to golf, and A, B and I happily slept in until 7:45. Then A and I had pancakes, and I tried to make myself coffee. I don't know what I was thinking, but I will never, ever, try to make coffee without using the coffeepot again. Promise. [You know what, forget that. I'm just going to beg G to always make a pot before he leaves for golfing. Or going anywhere.]

G got home soon thereafter, and mentioned that he might have gotten on the golf course a little early, as he couldn't even see where his ball went on his first shot! :-) G decided to make a recycling trip (transfer station, etc.), so A and G hopped in the van for a bit of transfer station fun. B and I hopped in the Saab and headed for Jo-Ann's. G mentioned that we should really get artwork up in B's room, and I figured that he was right. Jo-Ann's was hopping due to a holiday sale, so we found what we needed and headed out.

When we got home, I got out two canvases that I painted blue a few weeks ago. Then, when A got home, we painted his hands and feet, and he did some hand and feet prints on one canvas. Tomorrow, we'll add B's hands and feet prints. A had such a riot having his feet painted! That kid is soooo ticklish! Thank god for washable paints! On the other canvas, G did a hand print, then I did, and tomorrow we'll have A and B do them as well (they're rather concentric). A and I also did a Mod Podge project, which turned out really well. I'll post photos of our little projects when we get them hung up.

A and I then made some pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins for his preschool snacks. So fun! He's such a bossy little cook. G mowed the lawn like a rock star. Then, naps for both B and A, and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit. G ran to Home Depot for materials for a few other projects -- a ceiling fan for B's room and wood for some additional shelves in our closet.

Then, we met our friends Mikey and Carrie at Sweet Tomatoes for a birthday celebration for Mikey. A did OK with eating; he really didn't try as many things as I had hoped. It seems as though he got a little overwhelmed with new things to try. Oh well. We'll keep working on it.

Tomorrow school starts for A! I am so.freaking.nervous!

Comments

Popular Posts