September 18: A's days of quotes

Today was busy, but pleasant enough. We got A off to school, and B and I worked on PCC lectures, a few client matters, and then worked on cleaning up the house. We did some laundry, ran the vacuum, and just generally picked up. G bought some bar stools yesterday, so I went ahead and put them together. They look great in between the living room and the kitchen. B napped pretty poorly today. Hopefully, he will sleep well tonight!

We then walked over to A's preschool to pick him up. I'm really enjoying walking over to pick up A -- much more relaxing than getting B in his car seat, then into the van and driving over, hauling the car seat into preschool, etc. Today, on our walk home, instead of scaring elderly men on bikes, we chatted about going camping this weekend. We are going to a pretty local campground and staying a cabin, which isn't really camping. So A says to me, as we are talking about the cabin and bringing blankets for him: "Oh boy! I'll be as snug as a bug in a bird!" Umm, I hope we can do a bit better than that!


When we got home from our walk, I asked A if he liked the bar stools I put together: "The chairs are nice. The mayor will be so pleased!" OK? I think he was referring to Bob the Builder, at least, let's hope so!

I convinced A to take a nap (by subtly threatening the camping trip, which I shouldn't have done, but it was downright effective). Then I tried to convince B to take a nap as well... no dice at first, but I talked him around.

G came home a little early, just in time to take up A from his nap. A decided he was the "hungriest boy, ever", so I jumped on making dinner. A had a gardenburger and sweet potato fries. B had rice cereal and applesauce. G and I had veggie ribs and homemade steak fries.

After dinner, I took the boys to QFC to pick up food for our camping trip, and G went to Home Depot to pick up some things. When we got home, A and I made some cookies. A is a very exacting little chef. Once A got off to bed, I made some banana, apple, and carrot muffins, again for camping.

I hope this camping adventure works!

Comments

Popular Posts