September 11: What madness is this?

Finally Friday. Thank goodness. A had night terrors last night. It was the first time, and I have to say that I *don't* like them. B did well and only woke up twice during the night, so that made up for A's troubles. We're guessing the night terrors are from not getting enough sleep, which makes me even more resolved that A get at least some nap. We just need to find a way to get him good with napping again.

During the day, B and I cleaned the house (he managed, I worked), and then worked on my class stuff. Unfortunately, it was in the mid-90s today, which is wayyyy too hot for a Pacific Northwest family. That's all I have to say. Everyone was a little testy, and got more so as the day progressed and the heat got, well, hot.

A made it through preschool. Rock on, kid! We came home and tried to do a nap, which was aided immeasurably by G telling A that we weren't going out for pizza (no pepperoni, no cheese, sauce in a cup on the side) if he didn't go to sleep. And guess what: A fell asleep almost immediately! Hmmm. Pizza every day, then? Since it was so hot, we went out to McMenamin's for dinner. The server unfortunately didn't understand the "sauce on the side" request, so A got sauce on top of his pizza. That wasn't cool! Oh well, we worked through it, basically be G giving him his tater tots and me giving him my roll with butter. Bread and butter can move mountains with that kid!

B had more bananas and rice cereal for dinner. G and he did wonderful!

A mentioned that he would like artwork in his room, too (after making all the artwork for B's room), so we headed over to Jo-Ann's after dinner. A chose airplanes for a theme, so we got some airplane cutouts to paint, and some little model airplanes. I hope this doesn't become an obsession with him, as I have no talent putting together model airplanes. In any case, we got home a little late, put both little monsters to bed, and then did laundry. Good times!

Comments

Popular Posts