September 15: All dressed up...

Today was one of those days I got a bee in my bonnet, and went crazy cleaning the house in the early morning, and my office. It was nice to get things purged. I also reviewed a contract for a client. B and I worked steadily, and B did a good job of napping in the morning. I then did some work on my PCC class, which is a ridiculous amount of work in all honesty.

B was a little warm in the early afternoon, so I figured we'd go out and get a new thermometer for him. So we picked up A from preschool and cruised over to Walgreens. We picked out a thermometer and a "little snack" for A, because the kid l-o-v-e-s snacks. When we get to the counter, A says to the checker, "Hey lady, this is my brother, B, and he's a baby, and we got him a thermometer, and then we're getting in our rocketship. I'm lucky, aren't I, lady?" Oops, I think we need to teach him "ma'am"! Well then we get home, and the housekeeper is here. And A says "Hi Lady, this is my brother, B, and he's a baby..." You get the picture. Well, we had a quick chat about the whole "lady" thing. I'll cross my fingers.

Since the housekeeper was still at the house (they're normally done before A gets out of school), and both boys needed naps (the housekeepers make a tremendous racket), we decided to go for a drive. We ended up driving out to Stubb Stewart State Park, where we will be cabin camping this weekend. It was a nice little drive, and B took about a 50 minute nap, which was about perfect. A got to see where we will be staying, so hopefully we'll a successful camping trip. Fingers. Crossed.

Mimi came over for a fun visit and we had black bean chili for dinner. Mimi brought over lime sorbet, which was well-received by both A and B (and G and I!).

Comments

Popular Posts