August 12: Day 0

Today was a tough, yet funny day. At the start, B was up *ALL* night, only to be aided by A sleepwalking and C (our dog) having bowel control issues. Not pretty. In any case, the start was a bit rough. However, it was a pretty funny day with A and B. I'm not sure if they are always this funny and I'm not paying enough attention, or if they are just particularly funny because I was so tired. Here are some highlights:

Alien Abduction?: Tonight at dinner, A announces "I like to try new things" and then "I am a very good eater." Wha? Huh? THEN, he proceeds to eat a hot dog, celery, red pepper and grapes. He's never really eaten *any* of them successfully (well, nibbles of hot dogs here and there). THEN, he eats cantaloupe and lemon sorbet for dessert. OMG -- my son has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a kid that eats!?!

Inappropriate Latching No. 1034: B and I were lying on our bed, waiting for G and A to finish with A’s bath. B wasn’t wearing socks and saw his big toe… mmmmm. Looks like dinner? Huh? He attempts to latch onto his own toe with the ferocity of a piranha. He’s not impressed with someone gnawing on his toe. Then, when I then get him off his toe, he freaked out even worse!

Sweet Compliment: I changed into the nightgown that Mimi and Hea got for me while in Michigan. Well, I’m apparently not the only person who likes it. A sees me and says, in his sweetest voice, “Mommy, you look beautiful. You should wear that dress EVERY DAY!!!!”

After relating the preceeding to my family, they said I should write a blog about the insanity of our daily living. So here it is. The story of we Eberts!

Comments

Popular Posts