August 26: It ain't easy being three




A was quite the character today. He had a play date with his friend Ally, which they both thoroughly enjoyed. Ally has four older brothers, so she's a pretty tough little girl. When I dropped A off, she was wearing a pink tutu over camo shorts and a flower tiara. In any case, when I went to pick A up, they had played dress-up, fort-building and were playing outside. A and Ally were riding around in a battery-powered jeep when I got there, and the jeep hit a flower pot of some sort and bounced A out of the passenger seat. He somehow ended up getting slightly run over. He was pretty upset, and announced: "I don't like getting runned over by a Jeep!" I have to concur.

After the play date, we all ran to the store to get some things for dinner. B was starting to fuss, as he wanted a bit of a nap. I said something to the effect of, "B, stop fussing, I have to get dinner on the table." A looks at me and says, "Mommy, you should be nicer to B. He's just a little baby and he's a little fussy right now. It's ok, little B-B-B, I'll kiss you." Smooch. Well. He told me.

A did great eating dinner tonight -- he had tofu ["I love this stuff!" -- really?], gyoza, hamburger in a bun [this is the second time ever we had this, and he did great!], and banana cream pie [also, a second time introduction, but he at 1/8 of the pie! He never eats pie!]. I was really impressed. Next, we are going to have to get him to eat pasta. :-)

We took a long walk to the duck pond, leaving Cayenne home to reconnoiter. She just really can't do those longer walks anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts