August 30: Swimming through quicksand

Sunday morning, G let me sleep in for a couple of hours. Talk about a slice of heaven [for me, at least!] Then we worked on cleaning out our summer garden -- we ended up with five larger pumpkins, a half-dozen gourds, and about 5 pounds of yellow tomatoes. Unfortunately, the painters pretty much massacred the plants, so that's all we're going to get from it. I'm letting the branches dry out for a few days, and then will rake the bed and plant it up for fall. I'm thinking carrots, spinach, kale, and lettuce. Maybe some other random greens. I usually have such a hard time pulling out my tomatoes, that the painter's massacre may be boon for our fall garden.

A had a play date Sunday afternoon with a friend from Country Kids. I'm always surprised at how little I know about the gossip from school. I wish I was a bit more social about such thing so that I stay more informed. I guess I will have to work on that this year. :-) The boys both had a good time.

A took a big nap when we got home. We were thinking about going out to dinner, but A wanted to stay home. I made some whole wheat pasta with veggies from the garden, as well as a salad with a lime vinaigrette. It was quite nice. A had a corn dog for dinner, with celery, cooked peas and carrots, and pumpkin pudding. He did a great job as usual!

Comments

Popular Posts