August 16: Day of Friends!

What a wonderful weekend! Today I went shopping for some fabric for some quilting projects, which was actually the only traumatizing part of the day. I should have wore some protective gear! Jo-Anne's was having a sale, and some of those quilters get a little aggressive when there's a bargain to be had! It was a pretty amazing sale, though. I ended up spending about half of what I would have if the sale wasn't on, so that makes the miser in me happy!

We then went to lunch/brunch with Mike and Carrie and Su and Todd. The boys behaved well, and A tried more melon types and some pineapple. Bacon and a cheese sandwich rounded out his lunch. It was so good to see both Mike and Carrie and Su and Todd. I dearly love my biological and married families, but chosen families are just amazing, as well.

Mike and Carrie came by after lunch, so that Mike could do some problem shooting on my business website. What a champ he was! I felt a little guilty commandeering his afternoon, after he ran so far this morning (he's training for the Portland Marathon ). Happily, Mike and Carrie ended up staying over and having pizza for dinner (big thanks to Mike and Carrie for dinner!). Carrie and A played sword-fight much of the day, and tired A out thoroughly (and maybe Carrie got a bit tired as well?). We're actually wondering if A might be interested in fencing, but he won't start that for at least three years.

Today we reintroduced B to bottles. It was marginally successful. He's gotta learn to at least live with them while I'm in school, so we'll keep working on it. G got to feed B for the first time in a few months, so that was awesome.

All in all, a great day! I'm a little sad that this is G's last week of vacation. It has been so wonderful to have the family all together this summer.

Comments

Popular Posts