August 27: Bleh

Today was fine. I had a meeting this morning for the teaching gig that went longer than I had allotted for it, and that sort of gummed up the day. B was grumpy, which makes everyone stressed out. Also, it was 90 out today, and everyone knows how grumpy the Weebert household is when it is warm.

In any case, A, B and I went to Freddies and got sippy cups for B. He actually drank an ounce of formula from the sippy without throwing a fit! It was excellent. Then again, I don't have trouble feeding B; hopefully, though, Mimi, Hea and G will have an easier time with the sippy cups. A got some natural fruit roll-ups at Freddies--apricot and cherry, as well, which he loved. What has gotten into that kid?

For lunch, A had 1.5 peanut butter sandwiches, plus chips and a drink. He was "the hungriest boy in the whole world!" After lunch, we watched some Aristocats, bounced on the trampoline to soul music (because what else would you bounce on a trampoline to?), and then took a rest.

I re-tooled our rest time a bit and just have A go and either lie in his bed or in his chair, but he doesn't have to go to sleep. He just rests for an hour, and then can get up. It has surprisingly cut down the drama associated with rest time. I got the house nicely cleaned by the time he got back up.

For dinner, we went to Red Robin. B was pretty stressed out by that time, but we were able to eat most of our dinner before the real fireworks began. A had his favorites -- "pizza with no cheese or peperoni, fries, apples, and lemonade" -- for dinner, and put most all of it away. I was impressed with how much he ate today! Perhaps he could have done better on protein, but I'm not going to fret about it now. I will for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts