August 19: Hot in the Kitchen

So today was obscenely hot out -- well, perhaps I should qualify that by adding "for Portland standards." It was around 95-100, which for us is a little much.

G, A, B and I ran over to the PCC campus I will be teaching at and picked up the textbook we will be using. We also picked up pastries from DiPrima Dolci -- an incredible Italian bakery in North Portland. We drove by our old house and had to smile -- the grape vines we planted about five years ago had gone wild and were growing up over breakfast nook. It was pretty awesome to see how well they were doing. That being said, the gal who bought the house should really trim them. ;-)

A to me: "Mom, I think I'm growing a lot today. See?" .

G and A then went to the mall to play on the toy structure. The painters were getting pretty hot, but worked steadily all day. We just kept taking out water. I had a client meeting in the afternoon, and G watched the boys.

For dinner, G grilled chicken for himself and a gardenburger for A and me. I made up some panzanella and a salad of romaine lettuce, strawberries, almonds, feta, croutons and vinaigrette. It was quite nice and didn't require us to turn on the stove.

For a hot day, we actually had a really great day.

Comments

Popular Posts